Chocolate Without Sugar & Also Tasty? Sugarless KitKat Coming Up
The FMGC giant claims they will use leftover material from coca plants to get the sweetness.
Nestle SA has come up with a chocolate made entirely without sugar, and yet has a sweet kick. The FMGC giant claims they will use leftover material from cocoa plants to get the sweetness.
The white pulp that covers the cocoa beans has a natural sweetness. It will be turned into powder and used as a sugar substitute, according to this article in Bloomberg.
They will launch KitKat bars in Japan with 70 per cent dark chocolate.
Could this be the healthier option chocolate lovers have been looking for?
Can Chocolates be Healthy?
According to nutritionist Kavita Devgan, chocolate has several of health benefits.
- Cocoa stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation, similar to what a jogger feels after running several miles. Additionally, it boosts brain levels of serotonin - the “happy” neurotransmitter ; and it also has theobromine and phenylethylamine, both of which have a stimulating effect on your mood.
- It helps that chocolate has nutrients like iron, calcium, potassium, and vitamins A. B1, C, D, and E.
- There is evidence that chocolates keep the blood pressure down and helps normalise blood flow to the heart; the potent phenolics in the chocolates do their bit too, to keep the heart pumping.
- Cocoa has a wide range of antioxidant compounds called polyphenols, which help the body’s cells combat damage from free radicals.
- Chocolate is high in cocoa solids which is highest natural source for magnesium. The high magnesium content of chocolate is not just extremely beneficial for the cardiovascular system and hypertension; it also eases the PMS symptoms
And now, you may get to enjoy it’s many benefits sans sugar.
(Subscribe to FIT on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter Now.