Work Stress Got You Down? Try These Easy Breathing Exercises
Stressed at work? Working on a deadline and not able to concentrate? Exhausted and still need to make that presentation? Work can be stressful but it needn’t hold you back.
Yoga guru Zubin Atre from Atre Studios in Delhi has created a series of yoga exercises designed for folks like us to fix our ‘office bodies.’
To start with, find a quite corner. Focus on taking long deep breathes. Relax your body and let’s start!
Breathing Exercise One:
- Form Vishnu Mudra, holding the index and middle finger in.
- Keep the pinky and right finger together.
- Block your left nostril.
- Exhale through the right nostril.
- Repeat with your right nostril Breathe slowly.
- Repeat 8 – 10 times
This simple breathing exercise gives a healthy dose of oxygen to your body. Reduces stress and anxiety. And it calms and rejuvenates the nervous system
Breathing Exercise Two:
- Bring both your hands up.
- Have your Index and middle fingers cover the eyes.
- Ring fingers cover the nostril.
- Thumbs, the ears.
- Pinkies, the lips.
- Take a long breath and making a humming sound.
- The sound resonates in the skull.
- And helps keep the brain alert.