Trying to Make a Baby? Here Are Some Asanas to Aid Fertility
Hormonal balance can go a long way in aiding fertility. Try these simple asanas to target it.
Infertility is more rampant in India than we acknowledge. About 27.5 million couples, who are actively trying to get pregnant, suffer from it in the country.
Though there are several factors that affect fertility, simply ensuring that there is no hormonal imbalance in the body can increase your chances of conception. An easy way to target this potential problem is by including the following asanas in your daily regime.
- Grab the knees, get the chest up.
- Push the tummy as far as you can.
- Keeping your lips together, drop your head.
- Breathe in deeply.
- Come back, sink your spine.
- Make your upper back round.
- Chin to the chest.
- Take a long breath.
- Place the right hand on the left knee.
- Bring the right hand on the side of the right hip.
- Take the hand away from the hip.
- Drop the elbow to the floor.
- Breathe out and extend the left arm.
- Relax your head.
- Continue breathing.
- Push into the floor and come back to the centre.
- Place the left hand on the side of the hip.
- Slide it away from the body.
- Send the right arm up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly breathe out and push into the floor.
- Bring the left hand to the right knee.
- Grip the knee tightly.
- Make sure to keep the elbow and spine straight.
- Bring the right hand down behind the back.
- Make a cup out of your fingers.
- Place them on the floor.
- Start twisting little by little.
- Bend the arms in order to do that.
- Breathe and go deeper into the twist.
- Breathe out and get the body out of this.
- Now, repeat.
- Grip the right knee.
- Extend the left arm the same way.
- Grip the floor nicely, bending the arms.
- Your spine starts to twist on its own.
- Keep the chin in line with the shoulders.
- Continue breathing in and out slowly.
- Breathe out, come back to centre and relax.
Include these asanas in your routine and see if they work for you. Also, make sure to consult your physician before doing that.
Editor: Rahul Sanpui
Camera: Abhay Sharma, Anubhav Gupta
Producer: Rosheena Zehra
(Have you subscribed to FIT’s newsletter yet? Click here and get health updates directly in your inbox.)
(Make sure you don't miss fresh news updates from us. Click here to stay updated)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter Now.