On Children’s Day, a Young Reader Sends His #PollutionKaSolution
I believe, to solve pollution, we need more than a few solutions to be implemented overnight. My ideas are:
1. Ban all road vehicles except public transport, school buses and emergency vehicles for a week with overnight notice period, similar to demonetisation of 2016.
2. Ban smoking for a month, as this will also benefit the worsening lungs of citizens in Delhi NCR.
3. Make it compulsory for every road wider than 2 metres within a 200 km radius of NCR to have a plant at distances of every 2 metres.
4. Implement laws subject to peeing in public spots like gardens and railway stations that require offenders to serve at least 1 year of jail time.
5. Ban all coal-powered trains and/or steam engines from entering Delhi NCR territory.
6. Ban throwing and burning of trash, with offences resulting in the offender being made work in a landfill for a month.
7. Instruct metros to operate at maximum speed and capacity to save time.
8. Conduct quizzes and lectures on pollution in primary schools to create awareness.
9. Conduct graphic design competitions for middle schoolers to design large banners related to pollution, the best of which will be hung in popular areas, markets, malls, etc.
10. Conduct night marathons across NCR on specific major roads where traffic will be banned.
(This article was sent to Fit by Yash Moitra (a 7th grade student) as we attempt to find solutions for pollution.)
(Breathe In, Breathe Out: Are you finding it tough to breathe polluted air? Join hands with FIT in partnership with #MyRightToBreathe to find a solution to pollution. Send in your suggestions to email@example.com or WhatsApp @ +919999008335)
(FIT is now on WhatsApp. To receive handpicked stories on topics you care about, subscribe to our WhatsApp services. Click here and hit the ‘Send’ button.)