Here’s How to Travel Safely As Metros, Bus Services Resume
With the commencement of Unlock-4, inter-city bus services are set to resume.
With the commencement of Unlock-4, inter-city bus services are set to resume. While this news comes as relief for many, it must be remembered that the pandemic is still at large, and necessary precautions such as social distancing need to be taken.
“With Unlock 4.0 underway, the nation is on its path to establishing normalcy in every respect, including travel,” Prakash Sangam, CEO, redBus told IANSlife, according to an Orissa POST report
Here are some tips on how to travel safely:
- Ensure your temperature is normal and that you have no symptoms before getting on the bus.
- Wear a face mask at all times and make sure your nose is covered.
- Carry a sanitiser and sanitise your hands regularly, especially on entering or exiting the bus.
- If you sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue, or into your upper sleeve.
- Book tickets online to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Keep yourself informed about the state-issued guidelines on bus travel.
- Do not travel if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or feeling unwell.
- Do not take off your mask inside the bus unless necessary.
- Try not to touch your face, nose or mouth often.
- Do not discard masks, tissues, gloves or such protective material inside the bus.
- Avoid touching switches, armrests, headrests, rails and knobs as far as possible.
“It is the responsibility of all stakeholders in the bus travel ecosystem to follow the safety guidelines to keep COVID-19 at bay and work together to make bus travel safe for everyone during these times.”Prakash Sangam, CEO, redBus told Orissa Post.
(With inputs from Orissa POST)
(Subscribe to FIT on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter Now.