Dry Cough That Won’t Budge? Cure It With These Natural Remedies
Cure your dry cough using these simple yet effective Ayurvedic remedies.
The 5000-year-old Indian system of natural healing is famous all over the world. Originated from the Vedic culture of India, Ayurveda is more than just a method of treating illnesses. Ayurveda involves creating a balance between mind and body to achieve the true nature of the human living potential.
Dr Ashwini Konnur, in-House Ayurvedic Consultant, AyurUniverse, says “Ayurveda emphasises on balance in doshas. Ayurveda home remedies control vata dosha that usually causes dry cough. Madhura rasa (sweet taste) balances vata and gives relief from its dryness. Adopting a few lifestyle changes and seasonal regimens helps you to improve your immunity and leads you to a healthy life.”
5 Home Remedies for Dry Cough
Here we have a few Ayurvedic remedies for dry cough that you can try and experience the effectiveness of Ayurveda yourself.
For Sudden Uncontrollable Dry Cough
Pomegranate as the fruit is a godsend and is beneficial to our health in many ways. It cleanses the impurities in our blood and is a very good source of iron. It also helps with dry cough. Here is what you need to do to cure your dry cough with pomegranate:
- Take pomegranate peels and let them dry in the sun for 2-3 days
- When all the moisture from these peels has gone, put them in a jar filled with honey
- Now, whenever you have an attack of uncontrollable dry cough keep one of the honey-dipped peels in your mouth
- Do not swallow it, just chew it like a candy and you will see immediate relief
For Dry Cough at Night
If you experience a dry cough while you are trying to sleep and it keeps you from getting your night’s rest, then here is what you should do:
- Take mulethi, saunf (fennel seeds) and mishri in equal measure and grind it to form a very fine powder
- Take this powder with pure honey every night before going to bed
- Alternatively, you can also take it with warm water, but make sure you drink it slowly
Immediate Relief from Dry Cough
Do you experience short term cough with no pain in your throat but still can’t stop coughing? Here is what you need to do:
- Take a few mint leaves and keep them in your mouth
- Do not swallow or chew, you will experience relief in 2-5 minutes
Cough Relief Candies
These organic, Ayurvedic cough relief candies are known to provide relief, and you can make them at home:
- Take some ginger, saunf, fresh mint leaves and grind them together in a fine paste
- Now take some mishri and grind it into a powder
- Take the paste you made earlier (make sure it is thick and not watery) and roll them into small balls, using 1 tablespoon at a time
- Coat these balls with the dry mishri powder and let them dry properly. Store them in a mason jar
- Take one of these whenever you think you need cough drops, and see how they provide immediate relief
To Heal Your Throat Overnight
If you experience dry cough which makes it hard for you to talk then here is an Ayurvedic concoction that you can take before going to bed and you will wake up feeling much better. Here is what you need to do:
- You will need 2 tablespoon besan (roasted gram flour), 2 tablespoons organic ghee, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon mishri powder
- Add desi ghee to a thick bottomed pan and place the pan on a medium flame, add 2 tablespoons of besan to it and keep stirring it till its nicely roasted and you can smell the aroma of besan
- Now add a cup of milk and keep stirring till the milk thickens a bit and everything is nicely incorporated
- Now pour this into a mug and add mishri
- Drink this slowly while it’s still warm
- Do not drink water or anything right after this, it is recommended that you go to bed after drinking this to experience its healing properties
Use these Ayurvedic remedies to experience relief from dry cough in the most organic and natural way.
(Make sure you don't miss fresh news updates from us. Click here to stay updated)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter Now.