Keto Diet For Weight Loss: All You Need to Know About the Trend
Wondering if you could do it? Is it even healthy to go on it? Here’s what you can and cannot eat on a keto diet.
Keto diet is a health fad that refuses to die. The diet, which is a quick and reliable way to lose weight, has been a rage among many celebrities, including comedian Tanmay Bhat and American TV star Kim Kardashian.
The keto diet is a high-fat and low-carb diet which relies on breaking down fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. High on fat, moderate protein and near-zero carbs, it is known to achieve wonders when it comes to weight loss. So, you’ll have to say goodbye to things like bread, sugar and rice.
Wondering if you could do it? Is it even healthy to go on it? Here’s what you can and cannot eat when you’re on a keto diet.
Here’s What You Can Eat in Keto Diet
Unlike other diets, keto encourages the intake of cheese, along with cream, butter and ghee. And it’s all about the protein-rich meats.
- Meats – chicken, fish, lamb, eggs, bacon
- Green veggies – spinach, cauliflower, broccoli
- High fat fairy – cheese, high fat cream, butter, ghee
- Nuts and seeds – dry fruits like walnuts, and seeds like sunflower seeds
- Other fats – coconut oil, high-fat salad dressing
- For vegetarians, paneer would be a great protein option for keto
- Bacon and eggs can be your dream keto breakfast
Here’s What You Can’t Eat in Keto Diet
Bread, fruits, milk, rice, and potato are some of the things to be avoided in a keto diet. Maida is also not allowed. So, no biscuits, bread, cake, or anything nice to munch on.
- Grains – wheat, maida, corn, rice, bread, cereal
- Sugar – honey, maple syrup, desserts
- Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges
- Potato, milk, biscuits
Is Keto Diet Healthy?
Nutritionists say that this is only good for quick short-term weight loss. And it should only be done it for a period of 10-12 days, not more than that.
Diets like keto are good for quick short-term weight. But they’re not healthy in the long run. And once you go back to your not-so-healthy eating habits, you’ll start gaining weight again. So, the key is to eat a balanced meal which includes all five nutritional groups – carbohydrates, proteins, good fat, vitamins and minerals.Nmami Agarwal, Celebrity Nutritionist
So, choose your food battles well!
(Subscribe to FIT on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter Now.