Why You Should Replace Pakodas With Makhanas This Monsoon
This monsoon go healthy with this light, crispy and mouth-watering makhanas.
Host: Chef Sadaf Hussain
Camera: Abhay Sharma and Shiv Kumar Maurya
Editor: Kunal Mehra
We all eagerly wait for the monsoons after months of scorching heat. But along with relief, it also brings a lot of diseases.
Monsoons reduce the immunity of our bodies. The humidity is high during this season because of which our digestion capacity goes down. So, while you might want to eat pakodas with chai, it could turn out to be disastrous for your health.
The constant craving for street food attracts more infections and allergies.
So what to do if you just can’t control your urge of monsoon snacking?
Chef Sadaf Hussain brings to you a healthy snack to satisfy your monsoon craving. Makhanas are the new age ‘Pop-corn’ as the chef puts it.
It is yummy and also has a range of health benefits:
- Makhanas are high in potassium and low on magnesium which make it a gift for people suffering from high blood pressure.
- It is a boon for people looking to lose weight as they are low in calories and very filling.
- They are high in fibre which helps in digestion and cures problems like constipation.
- They are rich in anti-oxidants which help in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation. They are also known to reduce stress.
- Makhanas are also believed to improve fertility in men and women. They enhance the sperm count and quality.
- They are also known to cure insomnia and help you get rid of coffee addiction.
Apart from these, makhanas are supremely delicious and super easy to make! So folks, this monsoon go healthy with Makhanas!
- Makhana 1 Bowl
- Ghee 1/2 teaspoon (Never use oil. Oil will make it soggy)
- Onion Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Chili and Oregano Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry roast the makhanas on a pan till they become crispy.
- In a separate pan, add ghee and other spices and sauté it for 30 seconds, ensure not to burn the pan
- Toss in roasted makhana and coat the spices nicely all over it.
(Subscribe to FIT on Telegram)
Subscribe To Our Daily Newsletter Now.